ProxNet - System Overview
ProxNet is an access control system based on RFID technology. The two main components of the system are the controller and up to 254 proximity readers and/or alarm monitor units. Optionally a PC running management and reporting software may be added to enhance the system. All communication is via a single RS-485 network.
The system supports up to 4000 card holders. The number of card holders can be increased if certain features are not used (by special arrangement with GSC only). Each card holder carries a uniquely encoded proximity card or tag, and presents this card to within some 10 cm of a reader to gain access via the associated door, turnstile, booth or boom. All readers are capable of making intelligent access decisions and logging transactions even if temporarily disconnected from the controller. The use of non-volatile memory in both the controller and readers ensures that no loss of data will be experienced during power failures.
The PC Windows compatible software enables users to have total control of the system from his/her desk. The software is networkable and supports multiple users.
- Time Zone 8 switch to override all 7 other time zones
- Anti-Pass-Back - including timed anti-pass-back
- Up Counters - preset to any value - counts to max 65535
- Down Counters - start count programmable - access denied at zero
- Date / Time stamp on transactions
o Programmable Tag validity period outside of which the tag is denied access
- Individual or Global door release from ProxNet Controller
- Last 4800 transactions stored in ProxNet Controller nonvolatile memory
- Reader buffer of 1800 transaction in the event of communications loss
- Evacuation function
- Alarm input at each ProxNet Reader
- Alarm relay on ProxNet Controller
- Individual strike and alarm times programmable
- Full access control (except for APB and counters) in the event of RS-485 or Controller failure
- Automatic reader address configuration during installation
- Controller has 16 character display and 12 digit keypad
- Programming secured by 2 Level password
- PC software for Windows 95/98/NT/2000 for management of the system and reporting
- Holders are assigned to one of 64 Access Levels.
- An Access Level is made up of a combination of any of the 8 time zones and 64 Areas.
- Time zones TZ1 - TZ7 are defined by a start time, stop time and valid days of the week.
- Time zone TZ8 is linked to the TZ8 switch input on the ProxNet Controller. Operation of this switch will bar all access except for those Holders set for TZ8 access.
- The access level tables are stored in the reader ensuring a secure system even if communications with the controller fail.
If APB is implemented, a Holder will not be allowed access if their current area (stored in the controller) is the same as the area to which they are trying to gain access. This decision is made in the controller and if communications with the controller are lost, APB checks cannot be carried out until such time as communications are restored.
Three levels of APB can be implemented:
- Soft APB only checks when access movements are from a lower to a higher area (increasing area number) and ignore APB when moving from a higher to a lower area number.
- Hard APB checks all movements.
- Timed APB applies anti-pass back for a defined period (e.g. 15 minutes) after the last movement.
Individual holders may be assigned an event counter which can be set to count up or down on each valid transaction.
The up counter may be reset to any value and will count up to a maximum count of 65535 after which the count will not increment. Access is still allowed after the maximum count is reached.
The down counter may be preset to any value up to 65535 and will decrease to zero after which the holder will be denied access.
Each ProxNet Reader has an alarm input that may be wired to the internal tamper switch or to an external switch.
An alarm event at a reader operates and latches the alarm relay on the ProxNet Controller and is reset by the Alarm Reset push-button wired to the controller.
Alarm events are recorded as transactions with date and time.
|ProxNet Reader Connections||ProxNet Reader Connections|
|12V AC or DC supply (75 mA)||12V DC supply (100 mA)|
|RS-485 (2 wire)||RS-485 (2 wire)|
|N/O & N/C relay contacts (door release)||Parallel Printer output|
|Relay contacts rated 3A||Alarm Relay with N/O and N/C contacts|
|Door Release input||Relay contacts rated 3A|
|Door Sense switch input||Alarm Reset button input|
|Alarm input||Evacuation button input|
|Tamper Switch||Time Zone 8 override input|
|Remote Read Head||Panic button input|
|ProxNet Controller and Software|
|870-640-91||ProxNet Software for win|
|870-640-95||ProxNet Photo ID software module|
|870-640-30||Proximity Reader, black housing|
|870-640-31||Proximity Reader, grey housing|
|870-642-10||ProxNet Reader with LCD Display, black|
|ProxNet Long Range Reader|
|870-647-20||ProxNet Long Range Reader (90cm)|
|870-649-10||Long Range Reader Interface|
|ProxNet Mini Reader|
|870-640-60||ProxNet Mini Reader, black|
|870-640-61||ProxNet Mini Reader, cream|
|870-649-10||Mini Reader Interface|
|Remote Read Heads|
|870-640-50||Remote Read Head, black (IP66) 54x120x20mm|
|870-640-51||Remote Read Head, grey (IP66) 54x120x20mm|
|870-648-10||Remote Read Head, round pcb dia 71mm|
|870-648-20||Remote Read Head, square 30x46x11mm|
|870-648-40||Remote Read Head, black (IP66) 88x44x16mm|
|870-648-41||Remote Read Head, cream (IP66) 88x44x16mm|
|870-648-50||Remote Read Head, cream 87x87x20 mm|
|ProxNet Biometric Reader|
|870-649-10||Wiegand Interface for Fingerprint Reader|
|ProxNet Receiver and Keyring Transmitter|
|870-649-40||ProxNet Rolling code Interface|
|870-741-20||Keyring Transmitter with Prox Tag|
|Keypad for ProxNet|
|870-649-10||Wiegand Interface for Keypad|
|Visitor Card Collector|
|870-947-10||ProxNet Card Collector, Epoxy coated cream|
|870-947-20||ProxNet Card Collector, Brushed Stainless Steel|
|870-649-30||ProxNet Card Collector Interface|
|870-640-60||Mini Reader for Card Collector|
|ProxNet Alarm Monitoring|
|870-643-10||ProxNet 8 Channel Alarm Monitor|
|870-311-30||RS 485 Interface + Repeater Unit 12V|
|870-311-50||ProxNet RS485 Buffered Repeater -12V|
|870-311-60||ProxNet Ethernet Serial Interface|
|870-311-70||RS 485 to R232 Interface|
|870-699-20||Surge Protection Unit|
|870-946-60||Weatherproofed Housing (for 870-640-30/31& 870-642-10)|
|870-641-71||ProxNet Diagnostics Card|